I finished work at 10pm today. but by chance and unforeseen circumstances, i reached near home at 1130. I then headed over to the two coffeeshops near my place. Both were still showing channel 8 dramas at 1130. So i persevered and decided, heck, since it was already 2330, might as well wait 20 min more to see if by any remote chance, the soccer channel would come on. So at 2350, i went for a final check, starting from the block across... at first i saw a green background on the tv... then saw some mascots on the green ground... and THAT WAS IT!!! I have been wondering and pondering since the opening match, how and where to catch soccer life, without having to taking cabs to and fro to faraway places. And HERE IS WAS, live Euro soccer practically right under my nose!!!
Speaking of the match, Spain played exquisite football, pacing many beautiful through passes, with David Villa in superb form. Russia provided some resistance, particularly with a woodwork effort. By half time it was 2-0 to Spain. I then went to the toilet (with my bag), and i came back out to find my seat taken immediately. Boo. As the remaining places left were kinda poor for viewing, i thought, alright, 2-0 means the second half would probably be Spain relaxing, and Russia perhaps getting at most a goal back. How wrong I was as the second half served up 3 more goals. Boo.
me at 12:37 PM