A new documentary, Sports Science. Each week, a specific topic is explored, such as how high humans can jump, how much strength can go into punches etc. But each of these tests is only done by a single athlete, so all results (erm, which aren’t stated clearly either) are kindly not really accurate. But the main draw is that every single experiment will be played in agonizingly-slow bullet time, coupled with cool camera angles. Slow motion replays have been done over millions of times now, but I’m still a sucker for such gimmicks. So this is yet another Arts Central documentary I’m gonna catch. Speaking of which, I realize that besides my daily Channel 5 news feed, I don’t spend time on any other channels; all of my other time is spent on Arts Central: series which has ended its run, Planet Earth, Braniac, Blue Planet, I Shouldn’t Be Alive, to current ones like Truth, the Human Spirit and Sports Science. I also catch the occasional arts film, and of course the superb anime D-Gray man. So… I’m considered an ‘artsy’ person?
me at 11:12 PM