me
hardcore PS2 gamer
Dean Koontz fanatic
Chelsea FC supporter
Japanese anime fan
graduate of Hogwarts

read this!
my poems
archives
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010

hits
credits
design | LyLe
image | kasy
photobucket
macromedia dreamweaver mx
adobe photoshop cs2


Saturday, February 7, 2009
25 random things
about me. copied direct from my facebook account. (an act of plagiarism)?

1) I'll start with my name. My surname in Chinese is huang, which is yellow. Rui sounds like red in English. And Qing is green in Chinese. Add it all up: yellow, red and green in my name. Traffic lights come to mind.

2) I'm somewhat immune to love. I think. I've never actually liked a gal before; i mean it's great hanging out with gals, but i haven't felt that tinge of specialty with any of them). And of course i am not gay.

3) No wait... i do have some loves, 3 in fact, and they all start with the letter P. 1st love was in sec one, and that lasted for around six years, before the edgier, fresher elder sister came along, upon which i abandoned my 1st love. Till now i have spent nearly 5 years with my 2nd love, and the relationship is still going strong. A slimmer and sexier love has recently turned up, but this 3rd love cannot hold my interest for long. And... ok enough ramblings; their names are: PlayStation One, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable.

4) I do write poems from time to time. Here's one:

As I look up to the skies above
I wonder where you are, my true love
I'm willing to travel to the far ends of the earth
For I've got you, my gem, to unearth

When the time comes
When you are ready to fall into my arm
I promise to protect you from all harm
And always stay with you, palm-to-palm

Love is akin to a rollercoaster ride
But we'll stay together side-by-side
Braving all the currents and tides
With everlasting joy and pride

I'm still waiting for that special someone...

(Ok, this one is on the blog already)

5) VCD man. This should ring a bell for friends in secondary school. Somehow, somewhat, i managed to garner a reputation as an illegal vcd seller (not true of course), and i became known as VCD man, even to the teachers.

6) I have some peculiar habits while on the train. I don't sit on the train on the journeys to school and home, despite nearly 20 stops between my home and school. I also remove my spectacles in the train. This led to an embarrassing incident once when this gal standing near me flashed a 'hey that's you' smile. I smiled back, almost wanted to say something, only to realize in a short while that she was smiling at the person next to me. Ouch.

7) I am super blur. I can enter Sentosa and lose my entry card before exiting, and always have a hard time finding my misplaced spectacles and handphone in the house, usually having to use the house phone to call my handphone to trigger the ring tone. Though sometimes thing get much harder if the handphone was set to silent mode.

8) I absolutely loath having to wake up early, for anything. I also dislike it when people look down on me in some way or another, especially when people think that don't know much of... much.

9) I'm super allergic to beer (or one of its components). Once i downed a bottle of beer (just 330ml though) in a matter of minutes, next day my arms and body turn pinkish red. Even had to take antibiotics to cure the allergy. Ouch.

10) I have a poor long term memory somewhat. Stormed through six Final Fantasy games (FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2 & FFXII), but i don't recall much from each of the 6 games save for the party members and the final bosses. Read 3 Dan Brown books, but i have no recollection of even the main plot points in the books. Finished the entire Harry Potter series, but i barely remember anything from there except for the endings in books 1, 6 and 7. Soon i'll forget what happened in the Twilight book series.

11) I occasionally cover the sender's name when a new sms arrives, read through the contents, and attempt to guess who sent me the msg. I mean, it's gonna be really exciting when someone sends a 'i love u' msg, and i am guessing away who sent it... assuming it's not from a guy in the first place.

12) I like to watch people spend money, the more expensive the better, and especially when i'm not purchasing the item myself. I would try to egg on the purchase as well. Cheap thrill indeed.

13) One of my favourite food is... instant noodles. With or without the seasoning.

14) Whenever i be hear a song that i have not heard before and like it alot, i'll keep playing it, again and again, up to...say 20 loops straight, be it on youtube, mp3 or whatever device i can get to hear the song.

15) I'm kinda a No Man. Not in the sense of giving excuses all the time to push away outings, but rather as a result of my back problems (no sports), sleepwalking + sleep talking (no camps, overseas trips)...

16) I once made a full bus of people wait for me outside my secondary school. Saw a bus across the school, but i took my time to cross the road anyway, since i expected the bus to leave in a moment. After sashaying across the road, the bus was still there, and i don't know why, but i actually got on the bus. Big mistake. Up the bus, a friend started asking me why i was dilly dallying away, in a rather loud voice. Haiz.

17) Swimming lesson for the 1st time, at around primary four level. Silly me, went to the swimming pool in my underwear instead of swimming trunks (i didn't have one at the time). When a friend asked whether it was underwear, I even had the cheek to tell my friend ' what do you think'. Man, the things i do when young.

18) I am a big fan of channel Okto. There was a stretch when i was watching Okto 7 days a week at 10pm, catching every single documentary and weekend movie. Since then i've cut down a little.. to watching only Okto at 10pm only 5 days a week. Though that still sounds quite alot. Also, i hardly watch any drama; no matter the hype (Little Nyonya?). The last drama i bothered keeping up with was Holland V, and even for that i only caught the last quarter of the episodes. There is one show that i will faithfully tune in to everyday whenever possible though: news 5 at 930pm.

19) I am a big fan of Kate Beckinsale. I didn't exactly know who she was, until stumbling upon her sheer beauty in a scene from the movie Van Helsing. Chinese artiste would be xiao s. I like her witty chatter on the variety shows, and just find her very pretty too.

20) I started supporting Chelsea FC on a similar note. I once read about Chelsea defeating VFB Stuttgart 1-0 in the final of the now defunct Cup Winner's Cup in 1998 on a newspaper back page (no prizes for guessing which newspaper it was), sorta liked the name Chelsea, and that was it, i became a fan of Chelsea.

21) I was in a huge dilemma between choosing the Hospitality and Tourism diploma course at Temasek Polytechnic and going to JC after the 'O' level result release. I think i went to JC just by a sway of 1%, and till now i'm not exactly sure what that 1% vote was.

22) If someone in NUS asks me where block X or lecture theater Y is, its most likely i do not know where it is. All these 3 years, i went to my lecture halls and tutorial rooms by remembering how to get there, and not knowing what exactly were the hall and room numbers.

23) CNY 2009 fell on a Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was my off day from school, and i was ready to return to school for Thursday and Friday. Then my mom 'advised' me, why not stay at home and rest, relax, enjoy, whatever. Being a good mummy's boy, i listened to her advice, and enjoyed a full nine days (including 2 weekends that is) of holidays.

24) I am quite a movie fanatic. There was a stretch when i watched the day the earth stood still, cape no 7, yes man, ip man, ong bak 2, red cliff 2 in the span of 6 weeks, making it a movie per week. And making my wallet considerably lighter as well.

25) I like to use 'wooz' and 'boo' in my sms and msn messages. Wooz!


me at 10:01 PM