Went for interview at government Department of Statistics today.
1) Three interviewers plus a secretary. Upon taking my seat, I watched them, they watched me for like 10 seconds... then the secretary said that i could actually start introducing myself. Ouch.
2) I only introduced myself briefly in a few sentences, because i believed that they would then follow up with questions like strengths weakness etc. They didn't, which means they know barely anything about me.
3) Prior to the interview i was given a list of departments to work in eg economics, business, demographics, which my friend had told me about beforehand. I saw population, demographics, and i was like hey that sounds interesting, and i ranked it 1st. Economics 2nd and so on. When the interviewer asked me what i knew about demographics, i was like... uhh... 2 sentences and that was it. The twist is that i should have put economics as first choice: i took an economics module this semester, and was quite versed with the basic principles of economics was because i already studied a fair bit of it for my coming exam... arrggghh!
me at 5:12 PM